From:
Felicia Pickering <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:57:25 -0400
You might try asking Talas what they would recommend
http://talasonline.com/

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/02 11:11 PM >>>
Hello all,

I wonder if anyone can help me ... I've been planning a large project that

involves making prints with my laserprinter, using reams of letter-sized,
neutral-pH, archival, 100% cotton rag paper. I've been planning on around
2500
printouts, which will be framed and exhibited, as artworks. The images
contain
large, flat, black areas.

After months of planning, and facing a deadline, and to my horror, I've
discovered that such archival paper comes with very obvious watermarks,
which
disrupt the surface, and are plainly visible in the black areas, ruining
the effect
I'm after. Apparently the paper manufacturers think the watermarks make a
classy impression. Well, maybe for archive records and certificates, but
not for
"artworks" with large, flat black areas! I've tried Hollinger archival and

Permalife, they both carry these disruptive watermarks.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that produces "plain" (generic?)
archival
letter-sized paper WITHOUT intrusive watermarks?

Best,

Allan

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
(without the quotes).

[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read