From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 10:43:10 -0800
On Thursday, Ellen Arnold of IMLS posted the
announcement for WebWise 2006, which will be held at
the Omni Hotel in Downtown LA on February 15-17.  I
have been thinking about this since then and am
prepared to offer the following.

I work about a mile from the Omni and am very familiar
with public transportation and venues of interest in
the area, as well as areas a tourist (and, frankly,
anyone) should avoid.  If you are planning to attend
the conference, and would like inputs, feel free to
drop me a line.  If the request become numerous, I may
write one doc and put it up on MuseDocs.

I don't know what is being planned for evening
adventures, and I personally won't be attending, so I
don't want to take away from that.  But if you were
traveling to attend and had free time before and
after, wanting to see LA in low-cost and safe fashion,
let me know.  I will be away from the computer largely
between 01/27 and 02/13 but can provide inputs before
and after that.

I do this kind of thing all the time for others, and
it just seemed logical to make the same offer.  I've
been "tour guide" enough to have some feel for it, but
tell me what you'd like to see, and I can probably
make some suggestions as well as how to get there.

Indigo Nights