From:
Sue Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 15:44:53 -0500
Hello,

I just returned from AAM with some great ideas on exhibits and interpretation, but little on collections care.  I was thinking about proposing a session for next year on Moving Collections.  Would any of you be interested in presenting?  My focus will be the move of our collection from temporary to permanent storage after Katrina.  I would like to include co-presenters that have successfully moved collections (large or small) and have ideas on using technology to track the move (maybe someone who has used barcoding?), tips on packing and rehousing objects, and assessing condition before and after the move.

I know that a similar topic has been presented in the recent past, but I think it would be good to do it again...

If you'd like to present, please contact me off-list!

Thanks,

Suzanne Fischer
Curator of Material Culture
Louisiana State Museum
P.O. Box 2448
New Orleans, LA  70176
[log in to unmask] < mailto:[log in to unmask]>

504-568-5459 office
504-599-1950 fax

Visit us on the web at: http://lsm.crt.state.la.us/ <http://lsm.crt.state.la.us/>