From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 23:22:13 -0400
To all USA institutions, pardon the cross post

We have received two requests for internships from foreign countries, one
from Germany and one from Great Britain.  we have never hosted an intern
from abroad before and I was wondering what forms I needed from the INS
and what the procedures were for filing the paperwork.  These will be
unpaid interships, we have tried to hire non-citizens before and know it
requires months and months of paperwork and a lawyer.

Please share your experiences.  I will welcome off line responses, but I
think others on the list may benefit from listening in.

Matthew A. White
Director of Education and Internship Coordinator
Baltimore Museum of Industry
1415 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230
(410)727-4808