Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 19:03:23 -0400
Since a very high percentage of Australians claim at least some Irish or
Scots descent, we got very annoyed over the term Anglo-Australians being
used to differentiate the British Isles descended from the rest of us.  So
now we're fighting over Anglo-Celtic Australians (for the mix-and-match).
Everyone else just uses country of origin plus.  Mind you, apart from the
originals and the very recent arrivals, we're a pretty tangled mix these
days.

Heleanor Feltham
(Scots, Irish, English, Portuguese, and a few others)