From:
Sara Conklin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:31:36 -0700
As an appraiser, this statement is what I would sign.  Your liability is on
a different level, I would think.  Sorry, I don't have that side of the
table covered.
Sara Conklin, ISA CAPP
Certified Appraiser
PH:  800-464-4208

Verbal Approximation of Value

I understand that a verbal approximation of value is NOT a professional
appraisal.  The appraiser is providing a value based only on his/her
personal observations without he benefit of time to conduct proper research.
I am also aware of the fact that the examination was not done in ideal
conditions and the time for examination was very limited.  I am also aware
that if any critical assumption the appraiser has had to make is not
correct, the value conclusion could also change.  I realize I should not
make any decision (insurance, buy, sell, etc.) based on the stated value,
and that if such a decision needs to be made, I should obtain an appraisal
from a qualified appraiser under the proper conditions. By signing this
statement the Client claims they have clean and clear title, free of
encumbrances of to the property that is the subject of this verbal
approximation of value.

Signed (by appraisal fair attendee):

Address/city/state/zip