From:
CAROL TOBE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:32:12 -0400
We try to keep the information on our audio guides as short as possible
(under 2 minutes), however we use a combination of audio and braille to
make the same information in the exhibit's print text accessible to
visually impaired people.  Providing complete information is more
important to our museum than concern about visitors' attention spans.
Since many of our visitors are visually impaired or blind, they are
accustomed to receiving information audibly and, if the subject
interests them, willingly  listen to longer messages.

Carol B. Tobe,  Director
Callahan Museum of the American Printing House for the Blind
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Louisville, KY 40206
800 223-1839  ext. 365
502-895-2405  ext. 365