From:
"J.Gertler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 17:40:12 GMT
I have the joy and burden of owning the ORIGINAL company archives of The
Wright Co. 1909-1918 and the various Glenn Curtiss companies. Ten crates of
the most historic documents in technological, aviation, or American
history.Hundreds of documents, signed and sealed by the most famous pioneers
in aviation history recording many of it's notable advances. Contracts,
patent assignments, certificates of inc., letters, ledgers, board meeting
minutes, telegrams,and thousands of company photos and negatives. Financial
circumstance require liquidation. Trying desperately to avoid breaking up at
auction. Have been getting considerable e-mail similar to this example.
"This needs to be in a museum, not in some private collection lost to the
public forever. Why not donate it and take the tax deduction." Donation is
out of the question as I spent years and a fortune, to acquire it. Now sudden
events result in changing from large income to no income. Asking $800,000 but
museum acquisition leaves room for some deductables or? NASM Smithsonian
says, "we regard your items as being of very great importance indeed to the
history of American aviation," But they are in a fiscal crisis. Corporate
Donor? (hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of PR). Any suggestions or
leads appreciated. Find a purchaser/donor and reap a considerable financial
reward for your instition. Phone and additional lists/info from 904-897-4919
or e-mail

Cheers,
      J.Gertler