From:
Jane Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 1996 09:06:35 -0600
Mark Erik Nielson's comments remind me of a wonderful, very old
quote from Baba Dioum, Senegalese Conservationist, 18th century:

*In the end, we will conserve only what we love, we will love only
what we understand, and we will understand only what we are taught.*

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jane Jones                                   x   "Man is rich in
Director                                     x   proportion to the
Arkansas Natural & Scenic Rivers Commission  x   number of things
1500 Tower Building                          x   he can afford to
323 Center Street                            x   let alone."
Little Rock, Arkansas  72201                 x
(501)324-9159                                x  Henry David Thoreau
FAX  (501)324-9154                           x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx