From:
Julie Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 13:04:45 -0500
I think the minimum time on selling collections objects, with donor
permission, is in the 3rd year after the year in which the tax deduction was
taken and assuming "use" was made during that time.  But check with your tax
advisors.  10 yrs seems OK.  The internal collections policy may have
stipulations about how the revenue from that sale is to be used.

Julia Muney Moore
Director of Exhibitions and Artist Services
Indianapolis Art Center
820 E. 67th St.
Indianapolis, IN  46220
(317) 255-2464 x233