From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:41:24 -0400
IMHO, the resources available to our non-profits, including museums,
universities, etc., are being siphoned away from purpose to process, from
objective to method.  How long can we afford NOT to employ the ablest
younger people coming into our "profession" because we have invested so
heavily in managing diversions?

One of America's most successful public service corporations has reduced its
regulations pertaining to employee conduct in any situation to a few words:

"Use your best judgement."

Just think of all the policy-writers, consultants, supervisors, and other
folks they don't have to invest in any further.  Just think of all the trees
being saved.

>Unfortunately, it's the 1-2% of staff who abuse the system and take
advantage of situations that cause employers to have to address these
problems in formal policies.>>

And what would happen to these 1-2% if they know you are relying on their
judgement, their conscience?

Ross Weeks Jr.
Tazewell VA