From:
Kathy Haas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:03:13 -0400
Here at the Rosenbach we have PastPerfect and I have cataloged thousands of
objects into it and taught numerous interns to do likewise. If it is
possible to be looking at the object while typing in PP, then there is no
need for worksheets. However if it is impossible to have computers in the
storage areas or to bring the objects to a work area, then worksheets are
helpful to make sure that a standard set of data is collected from each
object. I think 90%+ of our cataloging was done without worksheets--I have
used worksheets only for very large objects, or those that are too fragile
to removed from storage.

Kathy

Katherine Haas
Curatorial Assistant