From:
Michael Radice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 07:40:53 EDT
I think that Rob Waldeck made a good point.  The issue is often "how"
something is presented.  There are ways to discuss Lee, and places to do it,
that examine his contributions and the troubles he fostered in ways that can
encourage critical thinking without concomitantly sparking a public outcry.
It sounds like the planners have discovered that the river walk isn't the best
place to include Lee and his trails.

I don't see the public's outcry as revisionist history.  I see it more as a
stepping stone in the reclamation of a more complete public memory.

Michael Radice
The Union Institute

Museum-L" (without the quotes).