From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 1994 14:01:44 -0400
All I want to know is when this directory is coming out and
how can I get one?

And whatsa "musea"?

On another note: The ever-trendy Whitney Museum of American
Art now has a few pictures up in the San Jose Mercury News
section of America Online. Use KEYWORD MCTALK, click on
Software Library, then Merc Library. You'll find GIFs of
a Hopper, a Demuth and a couple others. They seem to
overcome that pesky copyright problem by scanning in
posters. This is the first example of a museum working
with a commercial online newspaper that I know of and I think it's
worth keeping an eye on.

As to why the Whitney is in San Jose, they've made a deal
with the SJ Museum of Art to provide work for four
18-month exhibitions. The pix are online as part of
an article on the opening of the first. Another
forward-looking move by the Whitney: sharing collections.

Robbin Murphy
Managing Editor, ArtNet