From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 14:53:47 -0500
On Jan 23, 1996 12:50:13, 'Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>' wrote:

>My personal sense is, that if people are going to put digital
>images up on the Web, they'd better get used to the idea of people
>borrowing them for their own use.  That is strictly a personal,
>un-legal, opinion.

As I understand it, if the authors of the National Information
Infrastructure "White Paper" have their way, the activity under discussions
will be a flagrant copyright infringement.  It will be so because they
define a copy into ram, even volatile ram, as a copyright sensitive event.
For more information on this, I recommend readers consult Pamela
Samuelson's recent article in Wired Magazine.  I'm waiting for retina
copies to be subject to royalties.  Don't blink.
--

Robert A. Baron
Museum Computer Consultant