From:
Kersti Krug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 15:09:06 -0700
Wow!  On the one hand, I am conforted to discover that I wasn't personally
chosen to receive that disturbing piranah tale (my first time being
spammed); on the other hand, it is sobering to discover who's out there.
Many thanks for those of you who put this into perspective for me.

However, I was surprised to find how private I had made this very public
medium.  My mail box was _my_ personal space:  _I_ selected my contact
groups or _I_ received personal mail.  This noxious message, then, became
a violation.  I rather dislike this new world, but am now street smarter...

Kersti Krug
Museum of Anthropology
The University of British Columbia