From:
Janice Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:41:22 -0600
Our experience has been that the Thanksgiving weekend is usually very busy
(we close on Thanksgiving Day), but that the week between Christmas and New
Years is really dependent on when the holiday falls.  Surprisingly the
holiday weekends this year were busier than the week.  This year we also
closed on Christmas Eve Day as well as Christmas Day and New Years Day,
primarily because we are always closed on Mondays, our visitation last
December 24 was light and fell on a Tuesday this year. As far as Chicago
goes, the Art Institute is the only museum that was open on New Year's Day
and I understand from a friend that it was VERY busy.

Janice Klein
Director, MItchell Museum of the American Indian, Kendall College
www.mitchellmuseum.org