From:
Mariana Mace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 11:54:06 PDT
I received a call from a man who has just inherited two models of
Antarctic ships carved by Admiral Byrd's ice pilot.  He is looking
for a museum to house them.  He expressed a desire to place them on
'permanent loan'.  I explained the ins and outs of loans, donations
and museum policies to him, so hopefully he is more aware of how to
make a decision about these pieces.  I also told him I would try to
help him find a good home for these.  If anyone is interested in such
objects please reply directly to me and I will put the owner in touch
with you.

Thanks in advance,

Mariana Mace