From:
Ryo Yasui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 02:45:51 -0500
Hello again from Tokyo !

I just got some stuff about an unique exhibition of 'flyswatters' held
currently at the Ota-ku Museum of Local History at in Tokyo.
The exhibition shows about 130 unique flyswatters from 30 countries which
are all used in practical life.
A hand gun style from the US; a badminton racket type with a man's face
from China; an racket-ball type electronic shock killer again from China; a
stylish swatter from Italy, the Australian 'OZ-SWAT' with a shape of
Australia; hand shaped swatter from Puetro Rico; a soccer ball shaped
swatter from Germany; etc.

It is pity that there is no homepage for this interesting exhibition.
Anyway, for those who can afford, it is a good treat have fun to visit this
exhibition.

The museum is not far from the Haneda International Airport. Perhaps, those
who are arriving at this airport from abroad, try to visit this exhibition
of rare subject. Direct train reaches to Ikegami from Gotanda and from
Kamata with the Tokyu-Ikegami Line.

The exhibition closes on 12 March 2000.

For further details, ask the curator Mr. NISHIOKA Hideo at tel. +81 3 3777
1070.

When I was a child, we used them for others use: to swat each other's
bottoms !

Stay tuned to the MUSEUM-L,

Ryo Yasui
Tokyo, Japan