From:
"Dana D. Buck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 11:25:19 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 11:16:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Dana D. Buck <[log in to unmask]>
To: Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: dry transfer text application

Hi, Adrienne--

I've been having them made at a local typesetter. . .you just need to
provide them with clean black and white copy--you can also do small
drawings and solarized photos, as long as it's strictly black and
white--no greyscale. They rub on just like Letraset, Presstype, etc. and
hold up pretty will if not touched. We use them sometimes inside cases,
and, if you do a reverse, they can be applied on the inside of a plex lid
or mount--pretty effective. Last time I bought them our guy was charging
about $23 an 8.5 x 11" sheet, but it may be cheaper in your area. Another
option is laser-cut vinyl, which holds up better, but is thicker and more
expensive to fabricate. Not good for labels, but works great for titles.
Good luck!

Dana Buck
Exhibits Preparator
Kelsey Museum of Archaeology