From:
Janis Wilkens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 17:19:18 -0700
We are looking for recommendations for a curator who could take a leadership
role in assisting a consortium of local organizations in South Carolina with
development of a major history exhibit.

We need someone with an established reputation, either nationally or in the
southeast--preferred background would be anthropology or history--someone who
could tell our developers, "these are the kinds of objects you should be
looking for to tell this story."

I should stress that this is not, at least at this point, a job offer; we are
looking for someone to recommend as a consultant.  The curator would be
working with and advising an exhibit design firm, and three local
organizations--a museum, an historical society, and an Indian tribe--to
develop an exhibit that will tell the story of our region.

If you fit this description, or if you know of someone you'd recommend for
such a project, please email, call or write to me at the address below.

Thanks!

--
Janis Wilkens
Assistant to the Director for Planning and Special Projects