From:
Cindy Boyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:33:58 -0400
Thanks for all the responses - and a couple of the amusing links!

I agree with every point that has been raised.  In my situation, its probably not going to happen because we ARE a thoughtful place, and every employee has veto power on the idea.  I am sure there is one employee who will veto.  Not allergic, just doesn't like cats (because they are sneaky, she says)

It would have been an office cat - separate building from our museums.  It would have been an area sequestered from visitors.  My concern was the cat alone at night; and that the cat have a place to call its own, get away from the hustle and bustle of the place.

Well - my at home cat will not have any competition for attention!