From:
John Leeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 11:40:27 -0500
I can't remember which TV broadcast personality recently bragged on TV
that he got to actually hold and touch Louis and Clark's compass during
the production of a piece on the Smithsonian exhibit. I wondered who was
in charge of letting him do that!

Perhaps the promotional benefits outweigh the wear and tear.
John Leeke, Preservation Consultant
26 Higgins St., Portland, ME 04103, USA
207 773-2306
Old-House Journal, Contributing Editor
AOL, HouseNet, Historic HomeWorks, Pundit, [log in to unmask]
CompuServe, Handyman, Old Houses, SYSOP, [log in to unmask]