From:
"Janet H. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 1994 10:08:08 -0500
NCECA is the National Council on Education in the Ceramic Arts.  For
information about this year's conference you can write to:
        Regina Brown
        P.O. Box 1677
        Bandon, OR  97411
I can not seem to find her phone number, sorry.  The conference will be
in Minneapolis this year.  I did not attend last year's conference, but
was at the previous conference in Philadelphia.  Many of the major
ceramic artists usually attend, but do not necessarily speak (eg.,
Richard Hirsch, Paul Soldner).  The lectures differ vastly in quality,
scope, and intended audience.  Many of the lectures and workshops are
aimed at artists (technique oriented, or narratives of experiences).

The exhibits which are held in conjunction with the conference and the
lectures about them are usually the most informative aspect of the
conference.  Maybe others would disagree, but I think the NCECA
conferences do not offer enough (much) to people other than ceramic
artists and students.

Janet H. Taylor
(I have my BFA in Ceramics and Ceramic Sculpture and am currently
studying for my MLS)