From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 01:02:38 -0800
Ladies and gents, may I cast a gentle vote for working
smarter and not harder?

I realize many of you wear multiple hats, and funding
may fall into your bailiwick.  However, you don't have
to do it without support.

For more than a year, I've been involved in multiple
fora on the Charity Channel
(http://www.charitychannel.com).  They're doing a lot
of hiring, and it appears they may be in transition
for more, as yet unannounced changes (I don't discount
the possibility of a fee for membership, but I've
nothing to lead me to believe it's presently planned).

With that said, they have many small email discusson
groups on a myriad of topics.  I've lurked on most,
using them as more of a form of continuing education
in building my knowledge base in terms of immediate
transition into nonprofit (having quit the for-profit
at the end of September and am presently doing life of
Riley while I go to school in the fund raising
certificate program at UCLA).

You may find some consolation, support, ideas, links,
and more from one of the Charity Channel lists.  Among
the ones that come to mind have to do with grants,
gift planning, capital planning, charity software,
charity law and charity ethics, and more.

Yes, you'll still have to do your own thing at your
facility, but you may be able to draw from the
knowledge of some of your peers in the field and
potentialy avoid some of the pitfalls.

I have no investment in the channel other than my
time, but thought perhaps you might find it of value.
In addition, if you're new in an area, they do have a
mentoring program, I believe (though I'm not involved
with it).

--- William Maurer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> How nice it is when an historic site can get to the
> point that there is a
> full or part time person with the
> sole responsibility of writing grants!!! or raising
> money.

=====
Indigo Nights