From:
Montserrat Pin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 17:23:22 -0800
The Prado Museum, Madrid, Spain, charges, by law,  20000 pesetas
 PER PHOTO;   IF   the report or project is  AUTHORIZED  (you should
send a detailed description of it and of what you require from us).
However we can rent you  professional slides at 11600 pesetas EACH.
Do not hesitate to contact us.
Montserrat Pin

Servicio Comercial
(Commercial Service)
Museo del Prado
Claudio Coello, 73 - 3
ES-28001 Madrid
Tfno./Phone: 34 1 3302893
Fax: 34 1 3302890
Web site: www.mcu.es/prado
E-mail: serv.comercial(a)prado.mcu.es
----------
Hello, I would be extremely grateful to recieve anybodies views or
guidance on charging policies for taking photos. Basically I am working
very slowly on a book that will no doubt have little chance of
commercial success but reflects my own interests ( mocha ware since you
ask ). To be fully comprehensive and to contain photos of pots outside
of my own humble collection I will need to have access to museum
collections, what can I expect to be charged to take photos of
collections. Will I even be allowed access to collections. Who then
holds the copyright to these pictures ? Any information would be very
useful.
If you know of any sources of information or collections of mocha ware
and are prepared to let me know, well of course I'd be delighted and you
would naturally be acknowledged when the book is one day completed.

Many thanks.
--
Paul Bohanna.

Bohanna Publishing,