Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 09:23:16 -0500
I work for a museum that has extensive video and film holdings in our
archives.  We are currently working on establishing policies and guidelines
for access to and use of these holdings, and we are struggling with the issue
of commerical uses.  I'd be interested to hear from any Museum-L-er's with
experience/knowledge/opinions in this area:

What role if any should a non-profit institution play in deciding who may use
its audio, video, and film holdings for commerical purposes?  What sorts of
restrictions are acceptable?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Megan Bryant