From:
Brent Wielt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:56:26 -0600
Hello,

    I second Robin's comments.  Several families in our area have linked up
and come to our site for a program just like any other school group. We have
also had several members of homeschool families join us as volunteers due to
their availability during the day and the flexibility of their schedules.
The homeschool students got some great experience as volunteer interpreters
working with the public, practiced their public speaking, and used
interpreter training as another facet of their history lessons. Word of
mouth among homeschool families has also brought them out for programs,
brought us new volunteers, and new supporters in our community.

Brent Wielt
Homestead Prairie Farm
Macon County Conservation District
Decatur, Illinois