From:
Wesley Creel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:45:15 -0500
Good Morning,
Speaking from experience (from both sides of the interview table).......sometimes candidates are interviewed not for the job the candidate is applying for.  Strange as this may sound....sometimes mangement may be "sizing-up" a particular candidate for an unannounced future position vacancy (read: someone on the staff is going to resign, retire, ......or, be fired) and management may want to move fast (because of the critical nature of that job) by doing some interviews before that person vacates the position.  Sometimes the unannounced future vacancy is for a higher-level position than the one the candidates are being interviewed for.
Doesn't this "Hidden Reality" theme remind you of a movie script set in feudal Japan?
Have a Great Father's Day Weekend!
Wesley

Wesley S. Creel
Administrator of Programs
Pink Palace Family of Museums
3050 Central Avenue
Memphis, TN 38111-3399
www.memphismuseums.org
(901) 320-6370 Direct
(901) 320-6391 FAX

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/18/04 08:16AM >>>
Here is a story about what happened to me while seeking employment and the salary issue.
    I had sent a resume to an organization seeking an educator. I received a call at work and the gentlemen was calling me to scedule an interview. He inquired about my salary range and I gave it to him.After the interview was over I was offered the position, it was $16,000 lower then what I was currently making and $15,000 off what I told him the lowest range I would accept. I left myself room to negotiate but to no avail. I still ponder why they interviewed me to this day.