From:
Kay Lancaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 07:11:09 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
wrote:
>different heights (or for whatever reason), this is sometimes unsatisfactory
>from the standpoint of cluttered design, but I like the idea of supplementary
>handouts, which are eminently doable in this age of computers and copiers, if
>your printing budget is limited.  The printed booklets in various languages
>which were available in the Vermeer show in The Hague, for example, solved
>several problems in addition to the multi-lingual issue: they enabled
>everyone to read explanatory texts at a comfortable distance, and kept the
>traffic flowing more freely than lengthy wall labels.

The British Museum has such handouts in many of the main rooms --
it made my life much easier when I had to decide quickly what objects
I wanted to spend time with.  Also greatly simplified my notetaking.

Now if they could just get the !*#) elevator running most of the time....

Kay Lancaster    [log in to unmask]  (post-polio who sat down and bumped down
                                three flights of stairs at the BM because
                                the 'vator died yet again)