From:
Gerald Rojek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:37:39 -0700
I don't think whether museums are research
institutions or not was in question.

If I remember correctly, the article said that museums
(including science, children and art museums) are
becoming linked to the entertainment industry to
attract visitors and income.

In the process of doing this, one worry is that the
focus of the museum will be lost or tainted thereby
minimizing or cheapening their stated missions.

Gerald Rojek