From:
Karen Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 08:44:59 -0400
Hi. I'm a grad student in both history and museum studies.  I'm
working on a project on digital imaging and photographic collections.
While I've come accross some good theoretical works in my research, I
would like to know what archivists/collections managers are really doing
out there.  If anyone has a collection that they have put onto cd-rom,
on the Internet through a service or has made their collection other-
wise technologically accessible I would love to hear about it.  Also
if anyone has used digital imaging for preservation or collections
management efforts I'm interested as well.  I'm trying to understand
if collections are concerned about losing "control" of their images
and exactly how accessible they make the photos.

If you have thought about using digital imaging technology, but decided
against, that is pertinent as well.

If anyone can help me on this I would greatly appreciate it!
Please send any responses directly to my mailbox...
Thanks!
Karen Baker