From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:54:54 -0800
If you've tried to get off the list and still get mail, and you're
sure you've sent your request to 86 this place to the list serve and
not the distribution list, consider setting your subscription to
nomail.

Understand I'm doing this "blind" without my instructions in front of
me, but, if it's like most other lists, you would do the following.

You would send the message to (without the quotes)
"[log in to unmask]" (if it doesn't work without the e
before the @ sign, then try it with.

No Subject line, nothing else except in the first line of the document
(and no extra carriage returns either), type (without the quotes).

"Set Museum-L FIRSTNAME LASTNAME Nomail"

Where firstname and lastname would be your name as used here.

If the directions are off a tad, I'm sure somebody here can correct
them, but that out to be awfully close.

You'll still be enrolled; you just won't get mail.

Now, for the other part of my note.  It never ceases to amaze me how
many people have no problem getting themselves onto a list, but don't
have the presence of mind to save their instructions and used them to
get themself off.

I have mine, I'm just not going to dig right this minute.  But I keep
my list instructions in one of two places.  It either goes in the same
mailbox/folder as the other parts of the list, or I put them in a
folder I keep just for this purpose called Site Registrations.

Sending notes to the distribution threatening us not to send you
anything or you'll put a curse on our first and second born children
is foolish.  You got yourself on here; now figure out how to get off.

I could be wrong, but I believe John Chadwick was clearly identified
as the "list owner."  If you're not happy being here and don't have
the presence of mind to figure out how to get off, then you should be
sending him a note instead of demonstrating simple ignorance.  The
note you send to everybody is just one more note you're going to get.

Yes, I guess you might say I'm a little irritated.

==
Indigo Nights