From:
Patricia McElyea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 15:41:27 CST
        As this thread continues I am noticing several common themes,
including quite a bit of moaning about how few jobs are available and
how underpaid they are if you do get them.  I sympathize (to a point)
with those expressing this opinion.  But surely these people were
well aware of the limited number of jobs in this field and (if
nothing else) their time in grad school should have tipped them off
to how low the pay is.   If they made it all the way through a Museum
Studies degree program without being aware of these very real facts
then they missed something important.

Patricia McElyea                                 Unless the heart sees
Curator of Collections                           The mind will never see.
Arkansas State
   University Museum                                      --Maori proverb