From:
Marc Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:29:10 -0400
You are welcome!  So, that begs the question, is there a web site that
allows museums to swap, donate or sell excess collections to one another?
Who knows who is looking for just your 19th C plow(s) and is frustrated in
their lack of success?  Have you been in contact with the Genesee Country
Museum?  Their goal is to be the premier museum of 19th C country life in
the United States.  I haven't been there in person, but their web site
claims to involve re-creation of a lot of rural life activities, and I
imagine plowing fits that category.  Good luck!

Marc

American Conservation Consortium, Ltd.
     4 Rockville Road
     Broad Brook, CT 06016
     www.conservator.com
     860-386-6058

*Collections Preservation Consultation
*Conservation Assessments & Surveys
*Low-Tech Environmental Control
*Moisture Management Solutions
*Collections in Historic Structures
*Conservation Treatment of:
     Furniture
     Painted Wood
     Horse-Drawn Vehicles
     Architectural Interiors

Marc A. Williams, President
     MS in Art Conservation, Winterthur Museum Program
     Former Chief Wooden Object Conservator, Smithsonian Institution
     Fellow, American Institute for Conservation (AIC)