From:
Stephanie Dilk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:14:36 -0500
Krista,

Not a museum, but a really great place for learning, if you have a site
that offers outdoor spaces... I used to work at  a place called
"Nature's Classroom" they did several simulation activities for middle
schoolers, including the Underground Railroad, the Predator/Prey
relationship and the Island of the Albatross (mock trial). Their website
is www.naturesclassroom.org. I can give you info on what each of those
programs entailed, On the Streets (homelessness simulation) but don't
have the actual write ups for them. Feel free to contact me if you feel
any of this would be of help to you.

Conner Prairie does a "Follow the Drinking Gourd" program in which you
escape on the underground railroad. You could contact them as well.

Hope some of this is helpful for you.

Stephanie Dilk
Education Manager
Minnetrista