From:
Heidi Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 15:02:57 -0600
Call a conservator!!!  There is a book, I forget its exact title, about
Conservation Programs and conservators in the U.S. and Canada.  It gives
phone numbers and addresses for a hundreds of conservators and can tell
you what each conservator's area of expertise happens to be.  But for
heavens sake DO NOT DO ANYTHING until you have spoken to a conservator.
In attempting to treat the objects yourself, you could do more harm than
good.

Heidi Anderson