From:
Marge Kuhlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 1994 14:30:02 -0400
To:  Membership and Development People
From: Marge Kuhlmann, Head of Public Relations and Membership, Peabody
Museum of Natural History, Yale University (203) 432-3732 FAX (203)432-9816
E-mail address: [log in to unmask]

I am interesting in acquiring information about corporate membership
programs in museums. In particular, please tell me what you know about any
of the following:

1. What are your membership levels and (obviously) benefits of membership
at each level?
2. How many people in your office are involved in solicitation and
retention efforts as they pertain to corporate memberships? If this was a
job for just one person in your office (you), how much time do you think
you would need to do this job given multiple responsibilities?
3. What do you do to acquire memberships? What's the hook?
4. What do you do to retain members?
5. Do you have a board that solicits corporate members; is it a function of
staff to do this?
6. Do you have any creative ideas for member acquisition and retention?

Help...help.  Thanks!