From:
Jennifer Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:47:20 -0500
Charlie,

As a hearing impaired person with 2 aids, I can tell you that my preference
is closed captioning or a read along script. Sometimes the "gizmos" that
museums provide don't amplify the sounds enough and depending on the hearing
loss or even the hearing aid, amplifies the sounds wrong. The hearing aids I
had several years ago would feedback with some equipment because of the
method of transmit.

Therefore, what ever "gizmo" you get, I strongly encourage you to have a
read along script as well, especially if you chose not to have closed
caption. If you have any questions, please contact me. Happy Hunting.

Jennifer Rogers, Education Director
Texas Maritime Museum
1202 Navigation Circle
Rockport, TX 78382