From:
Peter REBERNIK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 22:44:31 +0200
Dear Heleanor Feltham

Let's change your saying to: "I'm okey, you're okey.  We wouldn't be here if
we weren't" - and it wouldn'nt be efficient or fun ....

Museum professionals are NOT professionals when it comes to creating new
museum buildings! Museum professionals are - at best - professionals to
preserve obejcts and to display these objects - or themes - in their
museums. But - in average - they never built more than one museum.
Therefore, I emphasise: museum professionals are not able, are no
professionals, when it comes to create new museums.
Of course, their experience is very valuable, they should be listened to.
But they have to learn before tackling the task to create a new museum
building. The know only the deficiences of their own current building and
nothing about possibilities - but neither do the renowned architects.
Those renowned architects are renowned via the press but never via the
public or the future employees of the museum. They even do not care, because
they are gon after the opening; they - these damned architects - do not
discus theif faults, their flaws after the opening,; they are - at most -
not interested and not able to learn from their errors, they are not in a
state to confess their errors - that is why they are cultural desastrous!

Greetings
Peter, the Rebernik