From:
"Vallin, Amy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:56:56 -0400
> THE WORLD WE CREATE EXHIBIT HITS THE ROAD
>

>       LOUISVILLE, KY (October 26, 2000) - The Louisville Science Center
> has developed a national traveling edition of its popular permanent
> exhibit THE WORLD WE CREATE.
>
>       THE WORLD WE CREATE national traveling exhibition is adapted from
> the Science Center's permanent installation of the same name.  THE WORLD
> WE CREATE was produced by the Louisville Science Center in collaboration
> with Ralph Appelbaum Associates, Design Craftsmen Inc., New England
> Technology Group Inc., Donna Lawrence Productions and the Institution for
> Learning Innovation.
>
>       The 2,500-square-foot traveling exhibit celebrates human ingenuity
> by giving visitors a hands-on tour of our material world.  The national
> exhibit offers a 14-week immersion in science and mathematics.
>
>       The exhibitions include 10 interactive exhibit components and
> graphic panels.  Three thematic areas categorize the exhibit components.
> In the Construction Zone, visitors learn about the building process and
> using teamwork to create structures.  Exhibit components featured in the
> Construction Zone are the Build It Up Crane, Engineering Table Tops,
> Building Arches and Toppling Towers.  In Tech Works, visitors learn about
> the manufacturing process by experiencing Design A Bike, Just In Time and
> Test Your Ideas
            exhibit components. In the Transit Hub, visitors test
aerodynamics of various             shapes and learn about vehicle design in
Go with the Flow. Get It In Gear             discusses ratios and Getting
from Here to There puts the visitor's problem
solving skills to work.

>       Institutions hosting the exhibition receive educational and
> marketing support from the Science Center.  A Science Center exhibit
> technician travels with the exhibition to help in the set-up and strike.

                Summer 2001 dates are still available to book THE WORLD WE
CREATE National traveling exhibition.  For more information contact Amy
Vallin, Collection Registrar and Traveling Exhibits Coordinator for the
Science Center, at (800) 591-2203, ext. 6009.