From:
"Meredith L. Dunham" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 12:11:45 -0500
Some database programs like Re:Discovery allow you purchase an public computer/online database option.  Using the program you can post records of your holdings to a computer that can be accessed by the public in your museum or on the internet via your website.  The Chrysler Museum of Art in Norfolk, VA has something similar on their website that lets you look up their artworks.  Go to www.chrysler.org.  That could be something you could mention to management as far as outreach and public programming.

Meredith Dunham
Curatorial Assistant

Virginia Beach Historic Houses
3131 Virginia Beach Blvd.