From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:01:20 -0800
This jogs my memory to another issue and, regrettably,
I have neither the exact info nor the time to research
it, but, in employment law, things have gotten fuzzy
as to when you have to provide benefits to an employee
(if they work so many hours in a year, possibly having
to do with the size of the insitution, I think you
have to make them available).  That's why a lot of
companies have gone to contracting, to preclude the
benefits responsibilities (the onus is then on the
contracting company--if there is one).

You may wish to check with an attorney in your area to
see what your state's requirements are in that regard,
if you haven't already done so.  Sometimes, in
addition to federal requirements, there are
independent state ones that extend what the federal
requirements provide.

=====
Indigo Nights