From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 17:07:07 -0500
I think that Hank is being too kind when he characterizes our Member of
Congress as "Yahoos".  That implies some sort of Forest-Gumpian naievite
which I wouldn't grace these characters with.  Somehow the image of
Sewer-Rats-In-Suits keeps returning to my mind!

This selective shut-down of the government is the embodiment of the cancerous
cynicism within our body politic.

One phrase in Edward Albee's eloquent speech to the National Press Club last
month sums it all up quite nicely,

"In a democracy you get what you deserve."

Happy New Year!
Dave

David Harvey
Conservator of Metals & Arms