From:
Meredith Greiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:08:12 +0100
I was touring the National Gallery in London with a very dignified
American friend when she spotted a large Rubens painting and
exclaimed in a loud voice "Look at the fanny on that one".  Seems
like a universal reaction.

(for my colleagues in the US, the word fanny has a very different and
much more intimate meaning in Britain).

Meredith

Meredith Greiling
Aberdeen Built Ships Project Officer

Neighbourhood Services (Central Area)
Aberdeen Maritime Museum
Shiprow, Aberdeen
AB11 5BY
Tel: (01224) 337711

Visit Aberdeen City Council's website at
http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk

Please do not print this email or any attachment unless absolutely
necessary.

>>> [log in to unmask] 27/09/2006 19:15:05 >>>
"...much of their humor is scatological. It's embarrassing and you
want
to wring their necks,"

Would that be scatological or Eschatological?