Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 07:31:01 -0800
Recent discussion has brought to the fore several instances of woe regarding
the salaries received by museum employees and the like.

My message to you is to try bringing your skills outside the US!  I teach
history at an American liberal arts college overseas and will not hope to see a
salary l
a salary like the 'generous' $15,000 until I am a full professor.  The
situation in public institutions is not much better.  The grass is surely
greener stateside, as bad as it might seem to some.

This is not, mind you, an apology for the present circumstances.  What would
Ayn Rand have to say about this?

David A. Wisner
Asst. Prof. in History
American College of Higher Studies