Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 10:18:00 -0700
I had an interesting experience that relates both to the Indiana Jones
character and Harrison Ford.  My husband and I were vacationing in
Oaxaca, Mexico.  When we arrived at our hotel, there was a large group
of Germans who had a tour guide that consistently dressed in the
stereotypical style of archaeologists in the movies.  We joked to each
other that he fancied himself as Indiana Jones and began to refer to him
by that name.  Well, in a couple of days, the German group was gone and
so was their guide.  Lo and behold, we walked into the lobby of our hotel
one afternoon and there was Harrison Ford, the "real" Indiana Jones!
The coincidence was alost too much to believe.  He was surrounded by
admirers snapping pictures (yes, they were mostly women) and I guess I
felt kind of sorry for him being badgered on what might have been his
vacation, so I did not force my way into the group to get a picture.
I think it's a decision I will always regret!  Being an archaeologist,
it would have been a gas to have my picture taken with him!  Oh, well.
And by the way, ladies, he's just as handsome in person, although a bit
shorter and a bit more grey than he appears in the movies.

Amy A. Douglass
Tempe Historical Museum