From:
Tori Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:22:29 -0500
Hi Amy

We do a lot of weddings at our historic farm and have strict policies regarding the ca. 1810 home and its use.

For deposits, 50% of the rental is due at signing, then a $500 security deposit is due 30 days prior to the date of the event. That deposit is returned within 30 days after the event as long as all checks out ok. I'm not sure if we've ever had to keep a deposit, but I can check.  We also require liability insurance.
Here are some examples of what is in the policy that relate specifically to the house and historic farm:

No climate controlled areas are available to guests at the Historic Home. The climate controlled entryway of the home is available for the wedding party, not to exceed 10 people, during the 30 minutes before and/or 30 minutes following a wedding ceremony.

White string lights made for outdoor use may be hung on large bushes around the property.  Electrical outlets are limited.  Nashville Zoo will not provide extension cords or ladders for decorating purposes.  All lights and decorations must be removed at the end of the rental unless otherwise arranged with the Event Sales Manager.

Your ceremony rental includes the use of the front and back lawns.  The Croft House may be utilized solely as a backdrop for your rental.  No decorations of any sort, including tape, staples, nails or other fasteners, may be used on the Croft House or any structures on the property without express consent of Event Sales Manager.  A small table may be placed on the back lower porch to accommodate gifts or guest book.  No one is allowed on upper front or back porches at any time without express consent of Event Sales Manager

All ceremonies and receptions must start at 6pm or after.

Food and drink are not allowed inside or on the porches of the Home

No vehicles are allowed on the front or back lawns, as this can cause damage to tree roots and grass.  Loading and unloading of items will take place on drives and walkways only and under the direction of the Event Sales Manager or appointed Zoo representative.

 All décor must be approved through the Event Sales Manager. All candles or flames must be contained inside glass vessels.  The Event Sales Manager reserves the right to extinguish any candles deemed unsafe or unacceptable. Confetti, balloons, piñatas, rice, sparklers, fake flower petals and birds are NOT allowed.

If you're interested in seeing the whole policy, shoot me an email at [log in to unmask]  Good luck!  Tori