From:
Alex Traube <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 13:42:37 -0600
Dear All:

I know this question came up a couple of years ago (didn't maritime museum
on the east coast do something?), but here it is again. Thanks for any
light you can shed:

Question: Do you know of any museums which have integrated
bibliographic and artifact records, either in a shared database or via
an interface which links the two? Goals of such a project would
include:

1. integrating internal collections information of books, manuscripts,
photos, artifacts, etc.

2. integrating scholarly research by guests, non-staff, of same materials, but
without some of the internal info (e.g., donors)

3. creating a more flexible web or CD-based (re)search environment.

I am working w/our state history museum, The Palace of The Governors, to do
strategic planning around the issues of technology internal data
management, enhanced research, and increased public access.

Certainly we are not alone in this quest.

Many thanks,

Alex

CHECK OUT NEW MEXICO CULTURENET http://www.nmcn.org/

Visit the web site to search for AND submit calendar listings,
articles, WWW links, and other useful information.

ALEX TRAUBE, NMCN Director
PH: 505.474-8500
FX: 505.474-8585
Email: [log in to unmask]