From:
Adrienne DeAngelis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:41:14 -0700
IMHO, many advisors in these and related programs do not concern
themselves with where their graduates are going to end up.  Their interest
is in maintaining enrollments in their own classes and programs.  I've
even heard one department head state that students who enrolled in that
particular program instead of at least going to one at a bigger and more
prestigious university were probably not going to be able to compete for
these positions in the real world.

Adrienne DeAngelis